[Banner+Poster] When Heaven Burns [天与地]

Bowie Lam [林保怡] + Moses Chan [陈豪] + Kenny Wong [黄德斌] ("那三个男人")
WHB 1 (Bowie, Kenny, Moses)

Bowie Lam [林保怡]
WHB 2 (Bowie)

Moses Chan [陈豪]
WHB 3 (Moses)

Kenny Wong [黄德斌] with Angela Tong [汤盈盈] and the "kids" - Rachel Poon [潘晓彤] & Yeung Ka Shing [杨家盛]
WHB 4 (Kenny, Angela, Kids)


This drama serial has been very controversial, with dismal ratings and censorship from Mainland China but also rave reviews online.
Personally, I feel that it has got a lot of depth. Unfortunately, due to my poor standard of Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), I think I've missed out on a lot of double meanings, comparisons and parallels with the real world etc. (I'm determined to rewatch it to fully understand the whole thing!) Nevertheless, it's a totally different genre from the usual TVB dramas. Each character's thought process is so complicated and deeply affected by that fateful incident that it takes real effort to truly understand the whole storyline. I dunno if it's because of all the rock/band stuff or because of Bowie or simply because of the plot but I enjoy watching it! It's ending really soon though, on 1st Jan 2012! Hope final ratings will be better and I really hope TVB makes more of such dramas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment